Order Status Emails are sent to you.
Once your order is placed, we communicate via automated emails to the email address (which is your username) on your Virtual Bookstore account.
· Order confirmation – usually sent within an hour and includes order number
· Shipment confirmation – includes tracking information. If the full order is not shipping together, you will receive more than one shipment confirmation email. Each updates you on the item (s) that has shipped but will not reference any others. You get updates on those as they ship.
In order to ensure that these emails are delivered to you, we suggest that you add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email safe list. This ensures that our emails are delivered to your inbox (not Spam) so you have the information you need.
Your order status, your eBookshelf and other information is available 24/7.
You can always check on your order (s) by logging in to the My Account section of your Virtual Bookstore.
· Enter your email address and password information. If you do not remember your password, use the Forgot Your Password link to have your password sent to your email address.
· Click on the My Orders tab to view all of your orders. By clicking on the order number of your purchase, you will see a list of the items on that order, and their current status. You can also print a copy, if needed, as a receipt. If you are not sure which order you need to work with, there is also a search bar where you can enter and ISBN or key word from a book title to get to the order you need.
When you click on the order number you will see these details for your order – time and date of order, shipping address, method of payment, amount of order, details by item of quantity, status and price and tracking information.
For orders that have shipped, you will see the UPS tracking number or USPS delivery confirmation number so that you may track the status of your shipment.
*If you ordered an eBook, that information/access is under the My eBookshelf tab in your Account.
Information about any rented book is available by clicking on the Manage My Rentals tab in your account. You can see the current rental due date, the option to extend your rental period, or to purchase your rented text (if you wish to keep it, it is lost or damaged). This is also where you create the FREE UPS/United Parcel Service label you must use to return your rentals by the due date.
Some changes can be made in your account.
You may request a change to your order prior to shipping by logging in to the My Account section at your Virtual Bookstore. Once logged in, you will go to My Orders and then click on the Order Number you want to change and then the Contact Us link.
· We are not able to add new items to an existing order or increase the quantity of an item on the order.
· If your order has already been packed for shipment or is in transit, changes cannot be made. Please follow the instructions/review the return policy below if you choose to return the item (s).
When all or part of your order ships, you are emailed a shipment confirmation. This email contains your UPS/United Parcel Service tracking number or USPS/United States Postal Service delivery confirmation number. Your package tracking information is also available to you in the My Account section of your Virtual Bookstore. You may click on the tracking information link in either location to be linked to the USPS or UPS website.
UPS - If there is an issue or concern about a UPS shipment please call our Customer Service department instead of UPS – even though you are the customer, you are not the shipper so the assistance UPS can provide directly is limited. We are happy to handle any issue for you.
USPS - To contact the United States Postal Service regarding the status of your delivery confirmation number, visit http://www.usps.gov/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm. There are very limited options for us to gather additional information from the Post Office – your best option is to contact your mail carrier or the local station that serves your address. Please contact our Customer Service department if they cannot assist you.
Your package may ship UPS Surepost which means UPS transports the shipment to your area and then partners with the Post Office for the final step of the delivery. You would have both a UPS tracking # and a USPS delivery confirmation number in this case.
We always hope you are satisfied with your order but if you do need to return an item, you may do so under our Return Policy.
· Purchased or rented items may be returned for a refund within 30 days (30 days from ship date or start of classes, whichever gives you more time). Please see details below about Marketplace and eBook exceptions.
· Items must be in the exact condition they were in when received. Shrink-wrapped items cannot be returned if the wrapping is broken unless the items are defective. We cannot accept items for return if access codes/cards have been opened/scratched off or the pull tab torn or if CD-ROM or software package seals are broken.
Follow these steps to return an item for a refund.
· Sign into your Account at the Virtual Bookstore
· Click on My Orders and select the appropriate order. Under the listing of the items on the order, there is a Return Items button.
· Click on Return Items to see a full list of all items that are eligible for return. Choose the quantity next to each book that you wish to return, indicate the reason for return in the drop-down menu, review the Return Totals and select Print Label & Complete Return to submit your information. Be sure to print out your label (if you choose the pre-paid UPS shipping label) and packing slip to include with your return shipment. This helps us process your return quickly and accurately when it is received.
· The cost of the Prepaid UPS label will be deducted from your refund (as shown in the example below, $7 for first item, $2 for each additional item). We strongly recommend using this method because this label will be visible to us, and to you, in the UPS tracking system. If you use a different method, please obtain tracking information as we cannot be responsible if the package is lost or damaged when shipped via another carrier. If your school has a restocking fee, that will also be listed and reflected in the Return Total (example below).
· If the return period has passed, the books will not show as eligible for return/refund. You may contact Customer Service for more information.
· NOTE: We cannot process exchanges – if your needs change, the original item (s) may be returned under the refund policy detailed above and a new order placed.
Refunds are made to the original form of payment.
· Credit and debit card refunds usually post to your card 3-7 business days after the return has been checked-in by our warehouse. This is the timeframe for PayPal as well.
· Financial Aid/Book Voucher refunds are usually added back to your account within 24-48 hours of check-in (whether they show as available is based on the original expiration date for those funds).
Marketplace Purchases - these items cannot be returned to our Distribution Center for processing/refunds because they are fulfilled by the seller, not your Virtual Bookstore. If you need to return a Marketplace purchase for any reason, this must be worked out with the seller of the item – permission to return is solely at the discretion of the seller. If the request to return is due to an error on the seller’s part, they are responsible to take care of the issue. If the seller fulfilled the order correctly, it is their choice to accept the return or not. You may contact the seller for instructions by logging in to the My Account section of our website. The seller contact link is displayed on your order below the item title when you select the order in My Orders.
eBook purchases are often not eligible for return or refund due to publisher policies on this type of product. VitalSource and eCampus.com eBook purchases may be considered for a refund only when the purchase has been made within the previous 10 days and less than 20% of the content has been viewed or printed. Also, supplements that might be included with a new textbook purchase such as DVDs, CD ROMs, Study Guides, passkeys to alternate websites, etc, are usually not included when you select the eBook version of the text, so this would not be a reason for a return or refund. Contact our Customer Service department to ask if a refund may be possible. eBook information sent via email which provides a redemption code or log-in information to a publisher website may be eligible for a refund only if we can verify the product has not been used and/or the publisher allows access to be removed or disabled. Contact our Customer Service department to ask if a refund may be possible. iBooks are not returnable/refundable. Printed access cards - if you are accessing an eBook after logging into a website using a code provided on a printed access card, that card is not refundable or returnable if the code has been exposed or scratched off or if the card has been opened. The card must be in the same New condition it was in when shipped to you and is subject to the same 30 day return period that applies to books. Most supplements that might be included with a new print textbook purchase such as DVD’s, CD ROM’s, Study Guides, passkeys to alternate websites, etc, will likely NOT be included with your eTextbook purchase.
- To return a rental at the end of the rental period/due date to complete your rental transaction (rather than for a refund within the 30 day period outline above), please go your Virtual Bookstore and sign into My Account, click on Manage My Rentals, then Return My Rental for Free and follow the prompts. Your due date is always visible to you at this screen. If the rental book has been lost, or is damaged so that it cannot be resold to another customer, you need to purchase the rental by clicking on Purchase or Extend under Manage My Rentals. If you need to keep the books past the due date, you can select the time period you need and process and Extension.
Mon. to Fri. - 9am to 5pm ET
Sat. and Sun. - Closed